For diagrams and images, please download the PDF document.
A special lid has been developed at James Heal to improve safety when opening a highly pressurised pot, which occurs when testing at high temperatures. This lid should be selected when testing at temperatures ≥60°C.
To use the high temperature lids:
- Tighten the valve using the pot lid spanner before testing, and release afterwards.
- After testing, cool the pot briefly in water if required.
- Lock into the jig supplied for secure handling.
- Release the valve.
- Remove the lid safely using the pot lid spanner supplied.
- Wearing gloves is recommended.